Maps of Power

Gurdić (Kotor), Franciscan Monastery, Church of St. Mary

Samostan Svetog Franje na Gurdiću, Самостан Светог Фрање на Гурдићу

Begin 01.01.1288
1 km
3000 ft
Leaflet © OpenStreetMap, © OpenStreetMap contributors, Tiles style by Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team hosted by OpenStreetMap France

Description

The Franciscan Monastery in Gurdić in the city of Kotor was built by the Serbian Queen Jelena Anžujska (ca. 1230-1314) in 1288, when she brought the Franciscans from Dubrovnik to Kotor. Today in ruins (only the foundations remain), it was a single nave edifice with rectangular apse. It probably had a Gothic vault. On the Northern side was a sacristy with an apse (semicircular on the inside and three-sided on the outside. The monastery was ruined by the Venetians in the 17th century.

Files

The Church of St. Mary in Gurdić (Kotor)
The Church of St. Mary in Gurdić (Kotor)
The Church of St. Mary in Gurdić (Kotor)
The Church of St. Mary in Gurdić (Kotor)