Κατούνιτζα, Katunci
Begin between 01.05.1216 and 31.05.1216
End between 01.01.1365 and 31.01.1365
End between 01.01.1365 and 31.01.1365
Properties
ID | 118785 |
---|---|
System Class | Place |
Case Study | Byzantino-Serbian Border Zones in Transition (1282–1355) , Historical Region of Macedonia TIB 16 |
Evidence | History |
Place | Existing Village chorion selo |
Historical place | Byzantine Empire , Second Bulgarian Empire , Serbian Empire |
Administrative unit | Bulgaria |
















10 km
5 mi
Leaflet © OpenStreetMap, © OpenStreetMap contributors, Tiles style by Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team hosted by OpenStreetMap France
Description
The Serbian Despot Jovan Uglješa donated the Monastery of the Holy Mother of God Spelaiotissa in Melnik with its properties to the Monastery of Batopedi on Mount Athos in January 1365. On this occassion the inventory of all possessions was isssued. The village Katunitza with five paroikoi and 18 free people is mentioned there as a possession of the monastery (ἕτερον χωρίον ἡ Κατούνιτζα ἔχων ὑπαρίκους πέντε καὶ ἐλευθέρους ιηʹ). The inventory records also two mills in the village (εἰς τὴν Κατούνητζα μύλονες δύο).