Maps of Power

Hagios Georgios Aliseres

ὁ Ἅγιος Γεὤργιος ὀ ἐπονομαζώμενος ὀ Ἀλίσερης

Begin 01.01.1365
End 31.01.1365

Properties

ID 118788
System Class Place
Case Study Byzantino-Serbian Border Zones in Transition (1282–1355) , Historical Region of Macedonia TIB 16
Evidence History
Place Monastery
Historical place Serbian Empire
Administrative unit Bulgaria
3000 km
2000 mi
Leaflet © OpenStreetMap, © OpenStreetMap contributors, Tiles style by Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team hosted by OpenStreetMap France

Description

The Serbian Despot Jovan Uglješa donated the Monastery of the Holy Mother of God Spelaiotissa in Melnik with its properties to the Monastery of Batopedi on Mount Athos in January 1365. On this occassion the inventory of all possessions was isssued. The small monastery Hagios Georgios called Aliseres is mentioned there as a possession of the monastery (μονήδριον ὁ Ἅγιος Γεὤργιος ὀ ἐπονομαζώμενος ὀ Ἀλίσερης).

Relations

Sources (1)