Maps of Power

Maximu

Μαξιμοῦ

Begin 01.01.1365
End 31.01.1365
3000 km
2000 mi
Leaflet © OpenStreetMap, © OpenStreetMap contributors, Tiles style by Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team hosted by OpenStreetMap France

Description

The Serbian Despot Jovan Uglješa donated the Monastery of the Holy Mother of God Spelaiotissa in Melnik with its properties to the Monastery of Batopedi on Mount Athos in January 1365. On this occassion the inventory of all possessions was isssued. The inventory records an abandoned village Maximu, which was in the possession of the monastery (ἔτερον παλαιωχώριν ἡ Μαξιμοῦ ἐξιλιμένον).

Relations

Sources (1)