Delovci, Denkovci, Деиковци, Денковци
End 31.12.1572
Properties
ID | 18411 |
---|---|
System Class | Place |
Place | Existing Village chorion selo |
Case Study | Historical Region of Macedonia TIB 16 , Byzantino-Serbian Border Zones in Transition (1282–1355) |
Evidence | History , Charter , Ottoman Defter |
Historical place | Kingdom of Serbia , Ottoman Empire , Serbian Empire , Žegligovo , Žegligovo , Črĭna Gora , Žegligovo |
Administrative unit | North Macedonia , Northeastern Region / Североисточен регион |
Description
The Serbian Emperor Stefan Uroš IV Dušan (reigned 1331-1355) confirmed Sebastokrator Dejan's donation of the settlement site of Deikovo to the Church of the Presentation of the Holy Mother of God in the village of Arhiljevica in the year 1354/55 (Selište Deikovo). The village of Deikovci, which is probably identical with the settlement site of Deikovo, was granted to the Monastery of Hilandar by the Empress Jevdokija and her son Konstantin Dragaš in the year 1378/79 (Selo Deikovci). In the Defter for the Sanjak Köstendil from 1519 and from the years 1570 to 1572 a certain village called Delovci is registered. According to the context of the latter it must have been situated in the area of Lojane, Zlokukjane and Vaksince. On account of the sources, it is possible to argue that Deikovo, Deikovci and the Ottoman Delovci were one and the same place.
literature
Aleksić 2013a — 59-60 , Blagojević 2007 — 449 , Dragičević 2011 — 99 , Purković 1939/40 — 85 , Rajičić 1952/53 — 231 , Stankovska 2003 — 83-86 , Stojanovski-Gjorgiev 2001 — 65 , Taseva 1998 — 141 , Turski Dokumenti V — 5/2, 448 , Vujošević 2013 — 245, n. 12 , Živojinović 1998 — 84Relations
Sources (2)
Name | Class | Description |
---|---|---|
Arhiljevica 1 | Source | The chrysobull charter of the Serbian Emperor Stefan Uroš IV Dušan (reigned 1331-1355) confirmed the foundation of the Church of the Presentation of the Holy Mother of God by Sebastokrator Dejan in the village of Arhiljevica and its landed property. The original charter has not come upon us, and its content is preserved only in two later transcripts. The older one (Hilandar 36) is probably an authentic transcript, but its dating is questionable, because it contradicts historical circumstances known from other reliable sources. Therefore, the date, when the lost orginal was issued, can only be approximated to the years 1354 or 1355. Hilandar 150/152 differs from its predecessor in the dispositional section, containing two previously unmentioned villages, which do not appear even in the charter by the Serbian Empress Jevdokija and her son Konstantin Dragaš from 1378/79. It was made in the 15th century or later with the intent of obtaining or confirming the enlargement of Chilandar's Arhiljevica metochion. |
Arhiljevica 2 | Source | This charter was issued in 1378/79 by the Serbian Empress Jevdokija and her son Konstantin Dragaš, through which they donated the Church of the Presentation of the Holy Mother of God in the village of Arhiljevica together with its possessions to the Hilandar Monastery on the Holy Mount Athos. |
Events (3)
Name | Class | Begin | End | Description |
---|---|---|---|---|
Confirmation of the Donation of Posessions to the church of the Virgin Mary | Acquisition | The chrysobull charter of Serbian emperor Stefan Uroš IV Dušan confirmed the sebastokrator's Dejan's foundation of the church of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary in the former village of Arhiljevica. | ||
Confirmation of the donation of Deikovo | Acquisition | The Serbian Emperor Stefan Uroš IV. Dušan confirmed in the year 1354 or 1355 the sebastokrator’s Dejan’s donation of the settlement site Deikovo to the church of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary in the village of Arhiljevica (Selište Deikovo). | ||
Donation of th Posessions of the church of the Virgin Mary to the Monastery of Hilandar | Acquisition | The Serbian Empress Jevdokija and her son Konstantin Dragaš donated in this charter the Church of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary in the former village of Arhiljevica together with its possessions to the Monastery of Hilandar. It was issued between the year 1378 and 1379. |